View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i know my pastors didn't advocate voting for one candidate or the other. they reminded people to get out and vote, but didn't endorse either side. but, if i had to guess, i could probably tell you the both of them voted for bush. the only recent political issue i can remember anyone in my church taking a stand on is, of course, the issue of defining marriage as between a man and a woman. this, however, isn't strictly political. it's also social and, of course, religious. god says marriage is only for man and woman, and its our civic duty to try and promote what we believe to be socially and morally correct.

Concerning the whole issue with Voting so that things will not be able to take hold of our country is important, but it is also important that the ones we vote for, especially if they publicly proclaim to be Christians, are not opressive. Taking rights away is considered religious opression to gays wanting to marry, so its a hard decision to make.

We just had our elections here in Australia...My church gave info on the certain Christian parties or ones with Christian values, but also commended ones like the greenies for their social justice stance, whereas the Christian parties didnt have much of an opinion in these areas and think that greenies are the enemy of Christianity.... Some churches here were just encouraging votes to the christian parties. I appreciate my church for deciding to not follow the crowd in that respect, but really pulling it all apart and looking into the consequences of our voting.

We are different in Australia, very cynical concerning our leadership, not very loyal orpatriotic in that sense. But I dont think thats all bad...I'm not gonna vote for someone just cos he or she says they are a Christian. Proofs in the pudding man! Even satan can masquerade as an angel of light!

ROCK HARD!!!