View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #134
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Titan, you know Im (like you are) a fan of Stapp, so I was expecting something very good from this guy...after all delays and promises of a final date, I imagined his first song 'd be good, which means having quality, beautiful lyrics because I love Stapps lyrics on Creed. Even Creed lyrics that were spirituals (yeah, Marcos your right! ) with messages and full of biblical references...dont mind, cause they had quality.They were beautiful.
Great Divide is not.Its the opposite.

Also, my point is that lately Im listening to real VERY GOOD stuff from VERY GOOD bands(MF4, Audioslave,Foo Fighters etc...)...that's impossible to me to take something lyrically similar(= bad) to Relearn Love and like it.

But of course ... I HOPE the rest of Stapp's cd can be better...I hope!!

Yeah, this single would be disappointing to you. The lyrics are not that good. But the fact is, as I've stated a lot, singles typically are the weakest points of a CD. So if this is the weakest point of Stapp's solo CD, there's going to be some awesome songs on there. I don't think he's lost his ability to write awesome lyrics, or else I would not be here saying these things. I think the man still has it. If I'm wrong, I want uncertain or Ana to quote this and other posts I have made in this thread, once the CD somes out.

I've also been listening to some really good stuff from those bands that you mentioned. It definitely makes one a harsher critic of music, because of the quality of those bands. I've found myself hating mainstream Rock more and more.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!