View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 11:23 AM   #15
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>I feel Weathered was rushed too. The shame is, it had great, great potential if they just gave it more time and tweaked here and there. I agree, musically (for the most part) Weathered was strong, but two things really brought it down:

1) So-so base &nbsp;
2) So-so, sometimes repetitive lyrical content

IMO, they just were not as good as the other two albums. And while there were a couple extremely good tracks on there, Weathered ventured a little bit too far into the "poppy" category. Stapp has said DSD was as far as they are going to go, so at least that is encouraging. The song was beautiful I must admit, but cmon... Creed is a hard rock band. &nbsp;

I hope the next album is harder-edge and lyrically image-rich like MOP. Yes, I know they are trying to shake the whole "Christianity" thing, but that style of writing (using biblical-style imagery and poetry) is one of the things that made MOP and HC so interesting to listen to.

My suggestion to the band:

1) Christmas 2003: Release the b-side disk with the unreleased tracks as well as some re-done recordings of classics (I want the new version of What If they've been doing on tour!! Rocks!)
2) Chistmas 2003: Release the DVD, eh? 8^)
3) Sept 2004: release the next Creed album!!

</b>

I agree! But what do you mean by so-so base?

The whole Christianity thing... I must say, despite they claim they´re not, is one of best things about them!

I agree they´re not Christian, they don´t praise God on the songs, but reflect with God (on some of them). They make you think!