View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 02:26 PM   #1
Metalingus_Jay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
myrtle beach show...talkin to the guys afterwords

well, i saw the show this past friday night..and WOW.......it was amazing.. they totally made up for the cancellation from before! i'm sure they did something like this in other shows, but before they played highway star, they started some slow zepelin stuff, then stopped when Myles said "Ah fuck this, lets rock em!" and then they busted into "for those about to rock" they only played the intro, then busted into rock n roll by Led Zep.. Mark totally ripped the solo to shreds... then troy stentna (sp?) came out and played highway star with them.. after the show, i got to meet all the guys and talked with them for a bit.. mark gave me sort of an insite to how it was touring with creed... lol get ready for this one.... he says, and i quote, " i had as much fun playing that last leg of the weathered tour, as i would by jumping over that fence and swimming with the alligators." (referring to the fence surrounded pond behind the house of blues) then scott phillips told me how the next album is DEFINATELY going to have more Metalingus-type songs on it. so that was a definate plus!! Myles was extremely friendly as well... Biggest thing of all that really impressed me, i told Mark about my friend who is currently fighting in Afghanistan.. he idolizes Mark as a guitar player, as we all do.. Mark took my ticket stub, and personally wrote my friend a message to be safe and to take care. these guys showed me so much character that night. they havent let the price of fame get ahold of them like some of these other artists have. i definately suggest anyone here to wait after the show by their buses.. by the way, there were only about 20 people waiting after our show... it only took about an hour for them to come out. and i would suggest anyone to chat up with the guys from Submersed.. definately some laid back and cool guys.. cant wait until the Birmingham show!!! just thought i would share my experience with everyone..