View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #9
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I grew up poor, daycare was sitting on the ground all day with other children in an orange grove while our parents picked. Our diet was bean tacos three times a day. From this experience and my current occupation in agriculture I can't begin to count the number of immagrants I know. I'm a mexican and I've faced my share of prejudice, but that's life. My immagrant grandparents taught me to love America and be prepared to work hard. In every country there are people who just won't do some jobs because they feel they are above it. For instance, You'll mostly find mexicans and some asians working their asses off in the fields or fruit orchards in California. I guess that might be the reason there hasn't been any big mexican or asian riots in LA, they're too busy to bitch about society! And yes I'm well aware of the odd protest here and there, they do not represent everyone. When Cezar Chaves was out protesting, my Grandfather(Jesus Fabian) said "screw him, if my family needs food I'm going to WORK" and not in an office. Hard labor has to be done by someone and there is honor in a hard days work.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 11-06-2005 at 12:53 PM.