View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) What you don't hear; the truth...

My story...

The LA riots.

We were working in a section 8 housing development when the verdict came down...

"Not guilty!"

What a crock!!! The most flagerant abuse of deadly force/ S.O.P. I have witnessed since Kent state my friends.

My bosses voice on the radio, "Get out of LA guys!!!" click... "Don't bother picking up your tools. just get out and get back here safely!" click... I called my wife, to let her know I was safe and would be home soon.

We had a Thomas guide, and radios thank God, to guide us back to our shop in Pasadena.

That night several businesses in our town were looted, ransacked, burned, or vandalized. I awoke the next day to find ashes falling from the sky in my front yard, the same yard my son played in, and I remember talking to my wife about how unfare our system is to the oppressed and underpriveledged. I was upset at the rioters, mostly because they were causing more trouble for themselves, but because they were burning down MY TOWN!!! Where I was born and raise for God's sake!

Unjustified?

No.

How selfish of me to call a spade a spade without having to walk in their shoes.

I learned a lot during the riots, did some investigating on act 1, and paid closer attention to what really happened to Rodney that night. I also educated myself on why humans react the way they do in under certain conditions, things that seem so extreme to us are usually cries for justice, plea's for help, voices unheard speaking to the world. It's their chance to be heard.
Remember this, people don't protest because they are content with our society and its ways, they protest because things are going wrong and it is affecting them personnaly. People dont revolt against the system without just cause, it goes back since time began, and without it, we wouldn't be where we are today. We have to keep checks and balances or we would not have the rights we have... Jesus in the temple for example, is just one case in which someone had to stand up against corruption in government. There are dozens of examples I can post by Christians, Muslums, Jews, Whites, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Brits, Africans, the list goes on and on..., that back up the need to voice one's opinions and views to better what's happening at that very time in history.

To sit back in our ez-chairs and judge what we do not know only adds to the problem that they are revolting against.

I urge you to educate yourselves on the why and the what instead of complaining about what you think you know.

Heaven

Bravo!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too