Thread: Burn or buy?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) *Takes the 5th*...Seriously, I download before I buy. If I really like it, I will buy it. I like having the artwork and liner notes.

I'm the exact same way. If I'm unsure of a particular album, I'll sample a few tracks. If I like those tracks, and like the lyrics for the rest of the tracks, I'll buy the CD legally. I don't use any of the online music downloading sites, because I think it is a waste of money. If I want MP3's of my favorite music on my computer so badly, I can just rip the legal MP3's of the CD onto my computer. I actually end up doing that a lot. I back up almost all of my CD's in MP3 format on a separate disc, just in case the CD gets stolen or the Computer stops working. It's legal and gives me piece of mind, lol.

I don't plan on buying an iPod(I am not spending hundreds of dollars on one of those things), but I do plan on eventually buying an MP3 player. I won't download the songs legally on the internet(why download them if I already own them legally?), just put the music from my CDs onto my player. Saves me a bunch of money and is pretty easy.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!