View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #10
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I didn't say that you were not have a hard childhood with your faith but what I am saying is that Atheists are more harassed because of the simple fact being that there are more Christians, Jews, Muslims, and other theists that will criticize and persecute Atheists. Just by sheer numbers there are more to persecute Atheists than there are to persecute Christians.
I disagree. I do not beleive that atheism is as rare as suggested.

Quote: Yeah that is really scientific time travel something that at this point is barely on the fringe of science. Uh huh yeah REAL SCIENTIFIC
It's called ABSTRACT HY- nevermind, you'd just blindly sas me again...

Quote: you need to read up on Hitler (start with Mein Kampf) he in fact did believe in god the Christian god to be exact (*that is the closest version of god you could identify him with) it is the Christian/Catholic Church who have propagated the lie that Hitler was an Atheist.

I think that the main problem we are having here is that you are unaware of MY own personal belief system, I do not catagorize myself on the same group with every other human being on the planet who says that they believe in a god/higher power. If I did, I would be in the same group with you, worshipping your Nature.

Quote: I read it but you lumped Bin Laden and Hussein in the godless types... just because you claim that they believe in a different god than you, doesn’t make them godless they have a god. DUH!

No, no, no, wait, wait... you kidding right? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP?! The God that I believe in is the ONE AND ONLY GOD, so when I call Bin Laden and Hussein Godless, I mean that they are seperate from the TRUE God, the Christian and Hebrew God. Godless. Jehova-less. Yaweh-less.

Quote: You have got to be kidding right? I mean come on the god of the OT and NT are not the same only some one blinded by faith would not be able to see that and the OT god did go back on his word and changed his mind... so much for being perfect.

Well if He did "go back on his word and change his mind" with someone with your attitude, would you blame him? So much for your arguement.

PS. God is true to his word, but a deal is off when the other party (humans, the IMperfect ones) break the bargain first.

Quote: its great to know that you are a bigot I thought hatred was a sin

It's great to know you're out of line, I thought misquoting was unscientific.

Quote: I will need to reference back but basically it says to kill the woman and compensate the father for destroying his "property" and since the woman was no longer pure she must be put to death.

Interesting. I'll await the reference. That is, if there is one.

Quote: [sarcasm]No Christian wants to remember that now do they it is so convenient to ignore because it is grotesque and no loving god would ever do that to a defenseless fetus remember abortion is wrong.[/sarcasm]

Come on, you can't honestly say that evolutionists are not overly guilty of this... Plenty of evidence has been ignored and plenty of creation scientists have never had a voice,
completey due to the fact they they don't believe in the Evolutionary Theory. If you don't believe this is true, then
I feel sorry for you, you've been severely had.

Quote: Honor the Sabbath and keep it holy if one works on the Sabbath he shall be put to death

Yeah, it says what it says. It never says kill someone who doesn't go to church... it says REST on the Sabbath. Keep it Holy. To be Holy means to be
"set apart as different", God rested on the seventh day of the creation of the world, and then He sanctified that day and MADE IT HOLY. OR, He sanctified that day and SET IT APART AS DIFFERENT. So naturally, it would be illegal to work on a non-working day. Since God sanctified it on the seventh day, when He rested.
Quote: So why have an OT? I mean really why have the rules from Leviticus? (Where most Christians get them idea that homosexuality is wrong (Lev 19) not to mention tattoos and other things. so why is the OT even considered to be part of the "holy book" if you are just gonna disregard what it teaches?

You can't pick and chose what rules you want to follow and what rules you want to ignore but all Christians ignore some rules which is hypocarcy

And I don't pick and choose I do my best to keep the rules, only when Jesus came and paid the sacrifiece for sins, the animal sacrifices were done away with. Jesus said that He did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

btw, in the NT Romans 1:23-32, it says-

"...And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their
own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between
themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.

Being filled with all unrighteosness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit,malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgement of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do
the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

Last edited by SecretWeapon : 03-21-2006 at 08:42 PM.