View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 03:53 PM   #13
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i feel sick:
"You are in the top 14.33% richest people in the world.There are 5,139,611,901 people poorer than you.How do you feel about that? A bit richer we hope. Please consider donating just a small amount to help some of the poorest people in the world. Many of their lives could be improved dramatically or even saved if you donate just one hour's salary (approx $3.47)

Oh, and in case you’re interested you are the 860,388,099 </B>richest person in the world."
i made just under $5000 last year, and that was for working basically June thru December (I didn't work last year while at school, but did this year).
so i'm a f/t college student (taking a mere 15 hrs this semester), p/t Target team member, usually working 15-20 hours a week. i guess i spend most of my money on gas and trips to Wal-Mart for food & cleaning supplies... laundry, too. people who have buttloads of clothes, who have to buy completely new wardrobes every season, make me sick. that reminds me, last night on tv, i saw a Macy's commercial, and they had a slogan something to the effect of "if it's not new, it's not in style". how terribly blatant is that? i know i'm very fortunate to have been born & raised in the US, but sometimes capitalism just pisses me off.

Last edited by RMadd : 03-16-2005 at 03:57 PM.