View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I've Got A Problem...please HELP!!

I really need some advice. This may sound a little weird as I don’t usually come to you guys for help with relationships, but I am stuck on this one and hope each of you can help me.

As some of you have probably realised, there is this guy, Marc, and I have been seeing him for a little while now. I am moving on after my past relationship, this still feels a little weird, but you can’t stop love when it happens. It feels good to have someone love me, and for me to be loving them back.

I really care for him, we get along so well, and I can see that he thinks the world of me. I just went on my 2nd date with him lastnight, and I have never had that much fun with a guy before. (Also, we did share our first kiss which made the night all that more special), but we have a nice bond, and the relationship could be getting serious.

The problem is I don’t know how to tell my parents about him. I don’t want to deceive them all the time, say I’m going out with my friends, when really I’m going on a date with a guy I really like. It’s hard because I’m afraid of what they are going to say. I don’t know how to bring it up, I don’t know what to say, and I don’t know how I should act when I tell them.

The reason of this is because something happened to me last year, and they care a lot about my protection now than they have ever done. When I ask them if I can go out with my friends, they always have to pick me up when I want to come home, they have to know where I am, what I am doing. I want to tell them about Marc, but I don’t know how. I should have told them straight away but I didn’t.

Me and Marc will want to go out every week, we will want to stay out late, I will want to stay at his house, stuff like that. And I don’t know how my parents are going to react to that when I tell them that. Will they trust him? Will they think he is a good person? Will they let me go out with him? I know that Marc is a good person, but they don’t, which makes it difficult. Because of how they act towards me, what kind of rules they have for me, it makes it hard.

Marc lives about a half an hour drive away from me, and I know that that will become an issue for them aswell. Marc has his learners license, he will be getting a car signed to his name in September, and I don’t know if my parents will trust us to go out driving together.

I know that once they meet him they may like him straight away, and all my worrying could be over nothing, but I can’t help it because I don’t want let this chance slip by as I really care for Marc and I don’t want my parents being unhappy about us being together.

So, could you please make some suggestions about what I should do? How should I bring this up? Please everyone say anything that you think will work and I will think about it because I don’t want to hide this from my own parents forever. Please help me.

Thanks…. (Remember, even if you think your idea is stupid, I will appreciate anything you have to say).
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006