Thread: BW on VH1
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 06:38 PM   #43
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) This is the third time I've tried to post a reponse to this post, lol. First time, my account logged out before I could post(and I had a nice little response written up) and the second time I got halfway done with my response and had to go. Annoying to say the least. Let's try this again.

I personally love offensively loud instruments and great riffs. I'm a huge fan of solos(one of the many reasons why I decided to take up guitar; I wanted to solo like Slash or Tremonti). I also appreciate guys who can hit pretty high notes. But, I'm the kind of guy who would get bored if all the vocalists I listened to sounded like Myles. Hence why I also enjoy listening to Stapp, Paul McCoy(12 Stones), Jon Micah Sumrall(Kutless), Donald Carpenter(Submersed) and a slew of others. I'm glad that not every Rock singer is like Myles because if they were, Myles wouldn't be as unique as he is. Just because those other guys I mentioned don't have Myles range, it doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer. Just because they all have pretty smooth vocals(smoother than Myles because Myles has a different style of singing), that doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer and that doesn't mean that those who enjoy those types of singers(lower pitched, smoother vocals) have a retarded musical IQ. It just means that they like a different type of Rock than some do.

Myles stands out because all of the other guys you just mentioned sound a LOT alike (besides the guy from kutless who I wouldn't know about because I have never heard them).

I am not saying other singers are bad. They just aren't Rock n' Roll singers. Alternative, maybe. Post grunge, whatever. But they are not Rock n' Roll singers.