View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #12
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs

I'm going to add on to my last post from above, as it was unfinished. I'll tell everyone what I did. I had what was posted typed out and I left this screen up for like over a day, because I wanted to make sure I didn't lose or have to retype what I already said. Finally, I just posted what I had and figured I'd come back to it later. So, hopefully this doesn't get too confusing.

I will say this. After I started with this example, I had second thoughts about going there, because when I read and study I'm not sure if it's going to come out exactly like I thought. But I started down this road and I believe I can still make the point. But the last thing I would want to do is mislead anyone here.

But, picking up where I left off...

First of all, let's look at what Jesus Christ said as to what it would be like at the end.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
"Noe" is Noah. So we're going back to Noah's time and the time of the flood. Did you know that there's going to be another flood coming? It's stipulated in Revelation 12:15, it's a flood that comes out of the serpent's (Satan's) mouth. That flood is not literal water. What would be coming out of his mouth that could still sweep people away and overwhelm and drown them? This is a flood of lies.

Now, there was more going on at the time of Noah than just the flood even. There was a very specific reason for the flood and a very specific reason that Noah and his family were chosen by God to first of all build the ark, but also to be saved from that flood. What was that reason?

In Genesis 6:2 it says the sons of God took wives of the daughters of men. Now, you will have some preachers or "scholars" who would say the "sons of God" were flesh men and that either through their own interpretation or whatever believe that these were the sons of Seth. But this really doesn't work for several reasons. One, why the clear separation between "sons of God", implying spirit, and "daughters of men", implying flesh? Secondly, everywhere else we see the phrase "sons of God" in the Old Testament, it is acknowledged that we're talking about angels. You don't want to try to reinterpret,ignore, or downplay Scripture when you don't like what it says. But people want to do this it seems, out of ignorance in many cases, perhaps. But the third reason this doesn't work is that a completely natural conception doesn't produce the giants mentioned in Genesis 6. The actual word is Nephilim, which means fallen ones, coming from the prime naphal, which means to fall. Let there be no doubt that there were angels, fallen angels mixing with the daughters of man and producing giants. Jude 6:6 talks about these angels that kept not their first estate, or habitation. What would an angel's first habitation be? Heaven, of course!

Why was Noah and his family spared? As it mentions in Genesis 6:9, Noah was perfect in his generations. Perfect in that case is a very specific Hebrew word which means without blemish as to breed or pedigree. Meaning Noah and his family did not mix with the fallen angels. It's not the main point here but let's consider that as we go back to Matthew. Remember, Christ said it will be as it was in the days of Noah. Now He's going to tell you or remind you just how it was in the days of Noah.

Mt 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Now, people have been marrying and giving in marriage basically since Adam and Eve, and I would even go so far as to say probably before that even, but I'll let that lie, it's not the main point. But why would Jesus Christ bring up marriage specifically in the days of Noah? What kind of marriages were taking place? I just mentioned it, marriages between fallen angels and women. Those fallen angels are coming back! You want documentation of that, it's in Revelation 12:9 where it says that Satan is cast out by Michael and his angels are cast out onto the earth with him. Guess what else, they are going to be here before Christ returns, and everyone on earth will be here too... not going anywhere! I'll ask, was Noah and his family "raptured away" so as to avoid the fallen angels and the flood? No, and keep that in mind. Jesus would not have mentioned anything and used this time as an example unless He wanted you to pay attention to it.

Mt 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left

Now, those last two verses, a lot of people kind of use those as proof of a rapture in a sense too. They say, "Praise Jesus, the one taken from the field and the from the mill were raptured away!" It doesn't say that. It doesn't say that AT ALL. He brought your attention to the days of Noah, and what did He say? He said they were eating and drinking and having a good time with the fallen angels giving themselves over to them in marriage. Then the flood came and took who away? The flood came and took Noah away? No, the flood came and took those who were wicked away. It took the offspring of the fallen angels away, and many of those families who had mixed with them. Noah and those in the ark were "left behind".

Now, I guess in closing for this example I'll just ask again, was Noah "raptured away"? Did God move Noah to some other location so he could avoid the flood? No, He did not. Noah and all those in the ark were right there going through it. But they had the protection of Almighty God and Noah followed God's instructions to the letter and was kept protected for that entire period of 40 days and 40 nights. I guess the key is what I just said, and that is Noah followed God's instructions to the letter, and thus even going through such an event, he came out of it in perfect shape. So what's the lesson? Follow God's instructions, that being His Word, to the letter as best you can, and you will be just fine. Why do you think when Satan comes to spread his flood of lies on the woman "loosely translated or meaning Israel, all the tribes", the earth swallows up that flood and they're protected? Is it because they're prettier than everyone else? No, it's because they are following God's instructions to the letter. The next example, I'll get to that ASAP. It's quite an example... showing that you can be right in the midst of the fire and be unharmed, IF you're serving God.

Jason