View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #10
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: The Great Divide vs. Alter Bridge

I'm gonna post my opinion but if it's closed I'm not sorry since these almost allways include posts like "Stapp rocks and AB sucks hard" or vice versa... But if we keep this at a sofistikated level it could work... Now for my post...

TGD isn't that good of a record, Stapps vocals aren't that smoth imo. Not on the "hard" tracks, they just don't seem to flow with the music on thos, on the other hand on the "soft" tracks (seeing they're all soft for me) they float better with the music but I'm missing THAT feeling. The lyrrics are realy realy bad on TGD, he uses the same lyrrics over and over again like "Welcome friend" on the three first tracs (if I'm not misstaken me).
ODR imo is a very good album, sure the lyrrics could be better, but with Myles in the writing that wont be a problem. Otherwise, just make it harder and you have all of it prefekt imo. More solos, more Myles, more everything and we have a winner, oh... And a new record company!
The reson I don't think ODR lyrics are bad is becouse imo they really really stand out, not like they're a master pice but WYW, SMS, TEIH, ILM, ODR, FTR, okey, all of them for me have a meaning, wouldn't say spiritual (imo TGD have a more spiritual tone but there are spiritual tones in ODR) but down to earth and they're positive, don't blame anyone just tells them to watch what they're saying