View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #82
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Uncomfortable? Why would you feel uncomfortable? How many of you have been drunk and acted like that? And before you say it, it doesn't matter if you're on T.V in view of a national audience or just with your mates. People who felt uncomfortable were probably those who placed him on a pedestal and carefully analyse everything he does. Now I know why he needs to 'loosen-up'.
Ok before YOU go on, it most certainly DOES matter if you're on TV, if your a newly solo artist on a promotional tour, trying to get people to listen to your new CD. And I'm not one to put him on a pedastal and analyze everything he does, so don't be so quick to categorize me as such. Do you think the people at Wind Up were proud of him for his actions and behavior? Sticking chips in his mouth? Slurring his speech? There is a time and a place for everything, and the time to get drunk and act like an ass is NOT before a television appearance.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) And what about some of the comments you made about what he said! HE WAS DRUNK!! He didn't disrespect his GF - HE WAS DRUNK!! He didn't know what the hosts were asking him, let alone being able to form a coherent response! His GF knows the 'real' Stapp. No one on this forum does - talk about judgmental!
No, you're right, no one on this forum knows him personally. And I personally don't think I'd WANT to meet him if he would be falling-down, sloppy, piss-eyed drunk. Maybe it's because I'm older than many of the members here, but I think it's wrong to get shitfaced and then go on national television and make an ass of yourself. Do you think his parents, his sisters, his girlfriend or his SON for that matter, thought it was funny?

I think it made me uncomfortable because I know what a great talent he has and what he's capable of, and I think that by making himself look foolish and quite possibly alienating many people who otherwise would've given his new CD a listen, he did more damage to his career. Had the Chicago show never happened, maybe it would've been funny, but knowing how he behaved in Chicago, then hearing his lame ass excuse for it, THEN seeing him wasted on television, I think he's definitely on a downward spiral, despite what he wants the general public to think.

/rant.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.