View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #117
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Lithium, did you read any of the previous links I posted regarding the link between 9/11 and Saddam, and the truth about Moore's movie? Because it seems like you didn't. If you don't want to be open to other information, it's not worth debating you because you'll simply keep referring to your false information.

I did and got quite a laugh out of it. First off, you posted a Deroy Murdock article... red flag immediately. He is a hard core conservative, of COURSE he's going to back Cheney/Bush. The second one seemed to be some post in a forum... why should I believe her?? She gave no credentials, no evidence, it was just some random person. The fact is, no real evidence has been found linking al-Qaida and Iraq in reference to the attacks according to the 9/11 Commission.

As for how to deal with terrorism, that seems to be the question of the decade so far. I don't know the answer. I will say this though, we are not fighting a tangible enemy. If we destroy every last member of al-Qaida the war won't be over. We are fighting an idea that America is evil. An idea the enemy has repeatedly shown they will die for. And I don't think invading another country, as bad of a history as they have, on a wild-goose chase for WMD is a good idea. America is further ingraining this hatred into those people and they will stop at nothing until they inflict harm on this land.