View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #107
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Some time ago, when several of us on this board were pleading for peace in this world, one of the people posting on this thread responded to my post with the quote "Better their children dead than ours".

I don't believe I will ever forget those words. They shocked me to the core of my being. And I know that the person using those words considers themselves a Christian.

I was raised a Christian, so I will use Jesus and his teachings to make my point, though I believe there are many truths in many religions.

If Jesus were walking the earth today, would he support the killing of children and innocents, rationalizing that the end justifies the means?

One of the children that I work with asked me who I voted for, I replied that I had voted for Kerry. Her eyes got wide, and she proclamed " Mrs. - you aren't moral".

This is my example of how this election has divided our country, "Out of the mouths of babes".
WWJD? That is the age old question. In the Old Testament God was a vengeful God. An eye for an eye. Also turn the other cheek. What do you do after you've turned both?