View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 02:51 PM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) well you need to decide what god you worship the god that says "I am the way truth and life" or the god that say "Be happy in dashing the heads of babies against rocks" THAT IS NOT THE SAME GOD weather you'd like to admit it or not. I have a whole list of inconsistencies if you like I can send them your way.
so you're saying that God can only be vengeful towards those who sinned against him in the Old Testament or loving towards everyone because his Son made everyone blameless in His eyes in the New Testament? You're still not understanding that what separates Christianity from, say, Judaism is the presence of such a change in our relationship with God. In the OT, people feared God in the 2 predominant senses of the word: they revered Him above all, yet were absolutely terrified of what He could do to them (case in point: destroying whole cities, forcing "lost" people to wander around in the desert for 40 years, etc). In the NT and today, while people still fear Him (in that He is revered), we are by no means scared shitless by what he may do to us for sinning against him (be it smashing babies heads on rocks or being disrespectful toward one's parents) because we know we have forgiveness because of what His Son Jesus did for us, for all men. Even nonbelievers need not be terrified of any painful torment at the present for any misdeeds; God will judge all when Christ comes again.