View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 08:59 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) you don't want a band to become a cover band but i think a cover here and there spices things up and keeps things fresh. And its even better for a new group such as this that will have a fairly limited number of songs availiable to them. Besides i'm sure they would put their own spin on these songs and perhaps even "own" that song.
true dat... right off the bat, they'd get a reputation as a cover band, and that, i would think, prolly isn't that great for creating a fan-base (outside of existing fans from previous groups in which the members were involved).
but, come to think of it, i've heard some pretty good covers. PJ's Last Kiss is kinda cool... matchbox twenty did this awesome cover of cyndi lauper's Time After Time a few years ago, it was especially moving at the concert i was at because it was less than a week after 9/11/01 (i went to 2 concerts that week--m20 and Blast!, i think m20 was the one a few days after, Blast! being the 12th or 13th or so, where they played a wicked hardcore rendition of the National Anthem)... and i guess i like Creed's take on "I'm Eighteen" too