View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #30
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) yes, i am a guy, and i know that there are things that go through a womans mind that i can never understand, but don't be sexist.

This wasn't meant as a sexistic remark! Just to know were you come from. Sincirr understands that from a woman's point of view.

Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) i hate it when people say that the bible doesn't apply because it was written over 2000 years ago. that is retarted.

Then let me be "retarded" just because I don't follow like sheep

Let me tell you a great story and then let's see how it will be told in let's say 2000 years?? Things do change! At first birthcontrol was something bad, but the pope now agreed with it in Africa. So the pope is admitted to change whatever the bible says? That makes no sense to me.. That (among other things) made religion to me something to not take that serious anymore. I was born Catholic. But I'm obviously not practicing it!

Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) rape is wrong. i was am not condoning it and neither is the bible. i don't know where you got that from. a child from rape is not "bad seed" where did you find that?

Well actually that was a question from me to you : How does the bible refer to a rapists seed??

Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) i understand that you have a very outspoken meaning of religion. but this country was founded upon christianity and god, and the bible. but that is another topic.

I live in the Netherlands... I always found it great: The way that people get strength, power and love out of what they believe! Honestly! But it's not the only thing that's RIGHT! People can believe in so many different ways...

I do believe... but not in a certain religion! It's got no specific name, no specific rules, no specific bible... It's kind of a feeling. A very positive one though... that strenghtens me.

Just one more question... what has the bible to say about birthcontrol?? That's murder too actually... killing all those eggs and seeds! That's life too! So how consequent is religion?

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God