View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 02:36 AM   #16
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Finally got "The Other Side" today, well yesterday now. I really enjoy it. I think I was looking forward to it more than many Godsmack fans (though not all) because I listen to a lot of different music. I was excited to hear that Godsmack was going to try things acoustically. It's nice that any band is willing to keep themselves fresh and new especially a hard rock/heavy metal band making an acoustic ep.

I think my favorite is "Touche". Even though there isn't a lot of lyrics the song really draws me in and keeps my attention. Great sound and vocals especially. "Keep Away" gives "Touche" a run for it's money because it happens to be, I would say, in my top five of Godsmack songs already from the electric version. "Asleep" has to be the biggest change from all of the re-worked songs. It's acoustic of course and slowed down tremendously. Very nice work on that one.

The only downside is that I believe "Spiral" bares similarities to "Voodoo" just a tad too much, but I can look past that. Of course I don't mean similarities in lyrics.

Definitely worth the eight dollars I spent, and I would give it at least three stars out of five. I would probably give them four when it comes down to it because they went the acoustic route.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/