Thread: Church
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Anyways, this thread is not about opinions, its about finding bible verses that relate to how we should conduct church. How we should behave, how we should treat others, what should be some of the main elements and important issues brought up in meetings.

So I will start. This is an obvious one:

Acts 2:44-47
Quote: (Originally Posted by Acts 2:44-47) 44Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.

46So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Main points:

*Together. Not APART!

*Had ALL things in common. There was UNITY!

*Sold their posessions and goods: Go the lack of materialism!! woohoo!!

BUT WAIT
THERE'S MORE!!

*Divided it up as anyone had need! Man, they gave up their own luxuries to help their brothers and sisters!!!

*In the temple! See, they still went. Oh! Did it again say, of one accord? Wow! unity again!!!

*Fellowship out of the temple. Eating and hanging with their friends, worshiping at their places...Sadly, this is not done enough these days!

*Gladness and simplicity of heart. Big time humility here.

*Praising God

*Having favour with all the people. Perhaps our churches should think of ways that good relationships with the surrounding community can be established. (I'm sure some do though, of course. I'm not pointing the finger here).

*AND The Lord added DAILY!!! Not just on Sundays maaaaan!!! Daily! What a blessing!

Anyways, there are a few things I picked out.
C'mon, whose next.
Put some verse down that shows a good way that church should be run.

Too many churches are run by opinions. What does the bible say.

ROCK HARD!!!

Last edited by Sincirr : 08-24-2004 at 10:12 AM.