View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 06:21 PM   #1
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
The right man at the right place

The right man at the right place(NCR)

I know alot here differ on political stances, but I feel the need to really pass this along. It's really gripping and I hope many read it.
Walter reed medical Center

At Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, DC recently, the sergent major of the army, jack tilley, was with a group of people vititing the wounded soldiers. He saw a speacial forces solder who had most his right hand and suffered severe wounds of his face and side of his body. The sergant major wanted to honor him and show him respect without offending him, but what can you do or say in such a situation that will encourage and up lift? How do you shake the right hand of a soldier who does not have one? He decided to act as though the hand was not missing and gripped the solder's wrist while speaking words of comfort and encourgement to him.

But there another man in that group of visitors who had brought his wife with him to visit the wounded who knew exactly what to do. This man reverntly took the solders stump of a hand in both of his hands, bowed at the bedside and prayed for him. When he finished the prayer he stood up, bent over the soldier and kissed on the head and told himhe loved him. What a powerfull expression of love and for one of our wounded heroes! And, what a beautiful Christ-like example.

What kind of a man would do such a thing? It was the man's commander in cheif, George W Bush, president of the united states.

The story was told the the sergant najor at a breakfast held at redstone arsenal, AL, and recored by chaplain james henderson stationd there.

Pass it along, the media won't.