Thread: More Conflict
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 AM   #23
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: More Conflict

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Iraq is exactly the example of how not to spread democracy, forcing a feeble democracy on people, who do not how to handle it properly is not the way to go.

I do understand how groups like Hamas and Hezbollah manage to win, the feed on the hatred of people towards their 'enemies', but if you ever want a peaceful future, the only option is 'to love your enemy'. You have to let reason win over sentiment, when you vote. That's why, at least in my humble opinion, there is no place for religion in politics.

yeh...ur right...... Iraq is even more complicated than Afghanistan...in Afghanistan..it became easy for US in the end cause since USA won theiri with the help of Nothren Alliance (shia group) and made all government witth em except for a suni group president as sugar coating over a bad pilll.......even the millitary head was the latter accused mass murduror of taliban....but they patched up for initial gov just fine......in Iraq...there is not that rebelism to work in the favour....so lets see...how it all turns out in the end.....end...if its ever there.......as far as sepration of religion and politics goes......you will have to see that out of all Islamic countires...non has a true democratic government.......even my country PAkistan.....so any muslim democratic governemnt not based on fundamentals of islam is very difficult in my oppinion.......or else....people will keep drifting towards groups like hammas or hizbollah or whatever........

Last edited by bilal : 07-19-2006 at 06:13 AM.