Thread: More Conflict
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #21
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: More Conflict

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) I do not deny Israel the right to defend itself and ofcourse I condemn the kidnappings of the Israeli soldiers, and I do think that organisations like Hezbollah and Hamas are legitimate targets, but bombing cities cannot be the answer either.

I heard on the news that Hezbollah wun like less than 10% of the votes in the last (democratic?) elections in Lebanon, therefore you cannot blame 100% of the lebanese people for the actions of Hezbollah, it's like declaring war on the US for the actions of the KKK.

Meanwhile it proves that democracy isn't the answer to everything, Hamas wun democratic elections in Palestine, Hezbollah is a political force in Lebanon. I believe we need to educate people before we 'spread democracy'.

educate who?.....if the education is making people see what u want em to see....then i can see there is a nice class room goin on in Iraq right now......i love the methods the Teachers are using to teach democracy......... its really hard for west to understand just why terrorism blamed groups like Hammas and HIzbollah actualy manages to win.....just in the same way people of the Islamic world are confused how the west, with all democracy and human rights, can actually tollerated occupation and war......and crimes that are committed under the umbrella of democracy.......may be its time we also decide who needs to be educated and what? ......