View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 12:02 AM   #12
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Church should be a spiritual activity, not social.
You seem to want to go there b/c of social aspect, as in your family peer pressure. If you do, you loose the whole original point of going to church -- to seek whataver is past this phycial world, and instead you go to church to find acceptance in your social group.
Bottom line: if yor fam really puses you -- go there. But if you go to church because of them, than you'll need to do extra work on yoru own, because what you gonna do would not be a spiritual activity.

Very nicely said, Lechium.

In my opinion, if you truly feel you want to go to church, go somewhere by yourself, where it's completly quiet, and pray. Pray to find out what church you should go to. Listen to advice from your friends, don't ever turn down an invitation, and if evangelists come knock on your door, no matter what religion they are, listen to them, and ask them questions. Always put yourself in a situation where you can recieve spiritual guidance. Pray about it every morning and night, do activities during the day that help you stay in touch with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Also, I'll be praying for you, and maybe other members of this forum will. Most importantly of all, listen to your heart.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"