View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 10:02 AM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I agree, you don't have to attend church to be a spiritual person. I was raised a lot like Stapp and I feel that is one of the reasons I connected to his lyrics so much. I was raised a strict catholic for the first 13 years of my life then my mother switched to methodist. Then to confuse me even more 2 years later she became "born again" and attended an Assembly of God church, talk about TOTALLY different, my father stayed catholic and I was forced to go to church with my mother, talk about rebelling!!!!! Growing up several times I was told "you are going to go to hell if you don't do this or that" and I the strong minded person I was rebelled BIG TIME!!!! I was kicked out of the house at age 17 for awhile and it made things VERY difficult! So here I am at age 30 and I consider myself a very spiritual person, I believe in Christ and find great comfort in prayer and reading of the bible. I don't feel that because I don't go to church that I am not spritual, I really just have not found a church to "fit me" I guess? I have found that some are very pushy and want you to believe in "thier interpration of the word" so how do you know who's interpretation is correct? I attended a Catholic university and let me tell you I gave those priests a run for thier money I ALWAYS started the debates in theology classes, I always asked the questions everyone else was to chicken to ask! So my suggestion to you is follow your heart, if you feel you need to be a member of a church then go. But if you are still finding your way, take your time and don't let others influence your decision, it is you own personal choice!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"