Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #51
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Uncertain, I have to agree with you that Myles is the more talented musician of the two and that Myles does have great range and is, in my opinion, a great lead singer. BUT, MissSeeker DOES have a right to not like Myles and to prefer Stapp. She also has a right to say that Myles isn't a great lead singer and that Alter Bridge lacks a great lead man. It's totally her opinion and no matter how much you tell her she's wrong, no matter how unoriginal you say Stapp is, no matter how much you think Stapp sucks at guitar playing(but don't we all when we first begin to play it? It's a whole heckuva lot harder than it looks; I can attest to that), it won't change her opinion. It is really useless, imho, to really debate that with MissSeeker. It's really useless to say how inadequate you think Stapp is in comparison to Myles.

I agree she has a right to her opinion, but saying Myles is a bad singer is not really an opinion. It is just silly. Amazingly, there ARE standards by which we judge musical prowess. We all agree an orchestra sounds better than a 3 year old banging on a trash can, and yet no one would claim "Well thats your opinion" if you said otherwise. Myles is a better technical singer than Scott. THERE IS NO QUESTION THERE. Sure ,you can LIKE Stapp more, but Stapp DOES sound like every other modern rock singer out there. And Eddie Vedder, lol

Quote: I'm a big fan of the both of them, so I've always TRIED to stay unbiased. Both of them have qualities, AS MUSICIANS, that I really like. Stapp has great stage presence(Myles does as well), lyrics that I can very much relate to(and lyrics that have inspired me to write songs) and a smooth voice(that doesn't irritate me like most modern Rock singers today do). Myles has INCREDIBLE range(no one can deny that), great stage presence, good lyrical ability(I love the stuff he did in MF4) and is a very talented all-around musician(can write lyrics, sing and hold incredible notes, play guitar and compose the music for songs). I can't really compare the two guys as human beings(i.e. outside of music) because I don't know them. That is why you never see me talking about how much of a supposed jerk Stapp is. I just can't judge the guy like that.

Stapp is a jerk. lol ,jk

Quote: Everything that MissSeeker says is in her opinion. Whether you agree with it or not, please TRY to respect her opinion, no matter how outlandish it may seem to you. These are great forums, one of the best on the net, but I've noticed a lot of Stapp related arguments that could easily be prevented by doing one simple thing: respecting a person's opinion. That is why I've tried to stay away from the fights and have tried to remain unbiased, not taking anyone's "side".

I respect her opinion, I jsut disagree with it so of course I am going to let everyone know. And also, my psot WAS meant to be a bit humorous.

Either way, Stapp arguments really aren't the devil as far as I'm concerned. I like arguing. I guess maybe I am just weird.