View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 11:07 PM   #36
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: My opinion:

1) They need Scott

2) Mark, Flip and Brian looked great and sounded great

3) I can't look at Myles. I just don't care for him.

4) The song still doesn't do for me what Creed's songs did.

5) I don't understand the meaning of the video (is there one?)

6) Myles doesn't have the "presence" that Scott has.

First of all, if you truly are "trying" to like AB, you'll have to let go of the feelings you have/had about Creed. This isn't Creed and won't take their place. Ever. Nothing any of the individual members does is going to replace what we (generally speaking) felt for that band and their music. If you'll stop trying to compare the two, you'll probably find it a little easier to enjoy the new music.

As for the disdain you hold for Myles...again, I think you're trying to view him as a replacement for Stapp, someone you truly admire and miss seeing. Now that he has new material coming out, you'll be able to hear his voice and see his face. Maybe you'll then be able to let go of the need to compare Myles to Scott and just see him for who he is....a very talented vocalist and all around nice guy.

Four of the six points you made were keeping with trying to compare AB to Creed in some form. I believe that as long as you continue to try to make AB "size-up" to this band that you (we) have held in such high regard, you'll never be happy about the music they put out. Obviously, Mark, Scott, and Brian looked and sounded great because they are happy about the music they are making with Myles. If we could all just enjoy the material like they do and quit trying to draw comparisons, we might have a little easier go of it and be able to end some of the feuding over who's going to fare better.

Sorry for the essay-type post.