View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 02:22 PM   #27
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Lithium, I used to have a friend that had moved to the U.S.A. from Sweden. She told me that when a couple has a child in Sweden, the father also receives maternity leave (time off after the baby is born) to help at home. Is this still true? If it is, perhaps your society is more considerate of family life than ours. I'm not even sure that some men in our country would do that, although, I'm sure that my husband would have if given the chance.

hotforscott, I have a friend that was raised as a child in the military. She has chosen to do the same thing that you are doing, raising her children in the same area and schools for many years. They like the stability.

SCOTTSMYMAN, 10 min. from the ocean? I'm sure like you I wouldn't like the crowds, but comming from a land locked person in Minnesota, who rarely gets to see an ocean, it sounds great. I always wanted to go scuba diving.

TeriB19, I've seen movies that have scenes like you discribed. Sounds wonderful. What a great place to raise kids.

WeatheredWoman, I have friends who's son just had a nose job. I have known this young man most of his life. It isn't something the parents really wanted to do, but people were so cruel to him, they couldn't stand the thought of their son having to live with the treatment he received from others. Yes, our society is more and more vain, and cruel to those who look different bacause of genetics, or injury. It's not something I'm proud of here in America.