Old 06-04-2004, 09:41 PM   #5
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Disbands To Pursue Separate Projects
(LAUNCH, 06/04/2004 3:00 PM)
http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=218431

By LAUNCH Radio Networks

Florida-based rockers Creed, one of the most commercially successful bands of the last decade, have decided to split up after eight years and three albums together. The group sold over 30 million copies worldwide of their three releases, 1997's My Own Prison, '99's Human Clay, and 2001's Weathered, and scored numerous radio hits, including "What's This Life For?", "My Sacrifice," "With Arms Wide Open," and "Torn."

Creed singer Scott Stapp is working on a solo album with members of the Canadian band the Tea Party, and will also have his first post-Creed recording available on August 31, as part of a collection of songs inspired by the film The Passion Of The Christ.

Meanwhile, Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti and drummer Scott Phillips have gotten together with original Creed bassist Brian Marshall and ex-Mayfield Four singer Myles Kennedy in a new outfit called Alter Bridge. Their debut album will emerge on August 10.

Tremonti commented on the end of Creed, "It's kind of sad to end a chapter of your life, but it's also exciting to be starting a new one. We'll always be proud of the music we made with Creed, but Alter Bridge gives me the opportunity to start over with a different perspective and a more evolved direction."

Scott Stapp added, "Creed was one of the most amazing journeys through music and friendship I am blessed to say I was a part of. I made memories I can never replace! I just want to thank the fans who supported us and became a part of the Creed experience. We could not have accomplished anything without you!"

A Creed greatest hits collection is due out later this year.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-04-2004 at 09:44 PM.