View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 11:13 PM   #112
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Think about this - isn't the best compliment in the whole entire world the one that says " I know you have all these faults and you make mistakes like the rest of us, but I still respect and adore you?" At least in this thread, that is what I hear people saying. Celebrity Poker was not his best night - it wasn't horrible and it was so so so so good to see him. So we poke a little fun. I know it sucks to live in the limelight but he chose that life with the good and the bad. We don't love him anyless and that would make me feel incredible - if I were him and I read things said like in this thread I would be like these people see my imperfections and love me anyway - how cool is that!?

I don't think it makes us any better of a fan to ignore his shortcomings or to be blinded to his errors - we don't do anyone any favors by letting them slide. And if I saw my best friend on a show, interview or something like that and I thought they were behaving a little out of character - I would say the same things. It isn't judgemental - at least not on my part - it is concern. He is different and I just hope it isn't because he is in unbearable pain. I wouldn't want that for him and I worry.

JMO

The first thing that would jump out at me would be that people who claim to love me were having a good time making fun of me. If I had a friend....and I was concerned about them....the last thing I would do is choose to point out every fault...even if I tempered it with the words...."but I love ya anyway". He chose to make music his life...he didn't choose the incredible amount of scrutiny he has to put up with. I watched that poker game last nite, and I'm sorry....I didn't see what people here and other places claim to have seen. So, I think we are just gonna have to agree to disagree here. I don't believe in the philosophy that people who achieve fame and celebrity don't have a right to a certain amount of privacy. I choose to continue to look for the good and I'm not gonna let loose with the negativity unless its truly called for...and so far I haven't seen anything on that tape that has changed my mind.