View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 06:08 PM   #109
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well I don't want to be argumentative but maybe we could look at it a different way:

Scott is human. He is not nor will he ever be perfect. Therefore, it is reasonable that there will be some things he doesn't do well - some choices he makes that aren't the best. And I am sorry to open a can of worms, but he screwed me in Chicago and it was by his own choosing, so he basically opened himself up by his own choosing.

Now before everyone jumps my shit for saying that, I would like you to keep reading

Think about this - isn't the best compliment in the whole entire world the one that says " I know you have all these faults and you make mistakes like the rest of us, but I still respect and adore you?" At least in this thread, that is what I hear people saying. Celebrity Poker was not his best night - it wasn't horrible and it was so so so so good to see him. So we poke a little fun. I know it sucks to live in the limelight but he chose that life with the good and the bad. We don't love him anyless and that would make me feel incredible - if I were him and I read things said like in this thread I would be like these people see my imperfections and love me anyway - how cool is that!?

I don't think it makes us any better of a fan to ignore his shortcomings or to be blinded to his errors - we don't do anyone any favors by letting them slide. And if I saw my best friend on a show, interview or something like that and I thought they were behaving a little out of character - I would say the same things. It isn't judgemental - at least not on my part - it is concern. He is different and I just hope it isn't because he is in unbearable pain. I wouldn't want that for him and I worry.

JMO
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie