View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Of course, then you have people that are dumb as shit in these areas b/c they didn't take those classes all the years they were offered and, instead, wasted their time taking Foods 1, 2, 3, and 4, and study halls (which, in my school, were largely a waste of time) every year, and other B.S. courses. I see where you're coming from, but being more knowledgeable in the four fields you mentioned will help our country out in the long run, seriously (I'm assuming one of the "History"s you mentioned is supposed to be English?). And this is necessary, as American students have consistently been less educated than, say, students from Japan, and other nations that don't come to mind at the moment. We have it very easy compared to them. Now, I'm sure this may be an inconvenience for your high school, but I was able to take Math, Science, History, and English for all four years in high school, and still able to "squeeze" in some study halls, geography, American government, psychology, business law, 2 years of Spanish, 4 years of band, and prolly one or two more I'm not remembering.