View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"No Child Left Behind"- PLEASE READ!

What is "No Child Left Behind?"

I'll tell you... it's a program they will go in affect in all high schools in the state of IL, next school year.

What is it SUPPOSED to be doing? It's supposed to be making teachers accountable for their students... making sure teachers give students everything they need to pass their classes...
sounds good doesn't it?

Here's the problem... THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY'RE DOING AT ALL.
It's a cover up. Basically... all they are doing is making it required for EVERY student to take English, Math, Science, and History. Every Year. For 4 Years.
Anyone see anything wrong w/ that... along w/ those you also have to take PE & have to have a lunch. so how many Electives are you allowed to take?
ONE
.... ONE
one elective.
you only get to pick one class you accually want.
This creates a problem for those who want to take Art, Music, And Foreign language classes... not to mention whatever other kind of computer- drafting- construction classes you may want.

So WHY exactly is the state of IL doing this?
TESTS
Tests that President Bush, a man that I admire- a man i respect, is making mandatory... If grades don't improve on this test... the schools funding gets cut...

As an artist I'm not taking this.
As a Musician I'm not taking this.

This is not just the State of IL... if it hasn't happened yet... it will be happening to Your State. Your Schools. Your Kids School.
Please don't let this happen.

PLEASE
VOTE
PLEASE
TELL YOUR CONGRESSMEN THAT YOU DON'T WANT THIS
PLEASE
IF YOU LIVE IN THE STATE OF IL
PLEASE
EMAIL OUR GOVERNOR AT [email protected]
PLEASE
TELL HIM THAT THE "No Child Left Behind" PROGRAM IS DESTROYING
OUR INDIVIDUALITY
... PLEASE

Sincerely, Matthew Schorr

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by TremontiWanaB : 02-08-2004 at 02:50 PM.