View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 04:23 AM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I don't understand how people in this country can just accept the adminstration's lie after lie after lie about Iraq and shrug it off to some consequence of doing business. Yet when Clinton lied in a matter that did not threaten anyone's life, unlike a war, our country spent months trying to get rid of him. I'm not a Clinton lover by any means, but it seems our priorities are a little messed up. We don't mind accepting lies that cost a lot of lives, but we will go to the wall on some high moral horse to take down a man who lied about having sex with an intern.

This war is and always has been about oil and economic control. Freeing the Iraqi people was just a PR ploy to gather support for the war, along with the dubious claims that Saddam had WMD. In any event, it's a major shift in policy, going for a preemptive strike rather than responding to a real situation. Even if he had them, unless we had clear intelligence that he was going to attack the U.S., there is no justification for invading Iraq and losing countless American and Iraqi lives. From what I have been reading in the last several weeks, it doesn't appear this information was at hand.