View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #20
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I know that as someone who does not like Stapp very much (/understatement), yet is still interested in what he could put out thanks to his work in Creed, he is definitely losing my interest.

So you can say, "what does that matter, you hate Stapp anyway", but in truth, ANYONE who is not a die-hard Scott Fan has to be annoyed. I certainly couldn't care less about his album now, and I know a few people who were actually looking FORWARD to it who now don't even know when its scheduled to come out, because they have lost all interest.

Stapp apparently thinks he has a huge undying fanbase that will stay with him no matter what. Contrary to semi-popular belief, this isn't TRUE. Not only does he have a very LIMITED fanbase, but the more popular Alter Bridge gets, it seems the more people forget about Stapp. A few of my creed-loving friends were equally excited about AB and Stapp and now they have almost forgotten about him because while AB tours the world, Stapp is *seemingly* sitting on his butt doing nothing.

NO ONE that didn't like Creed liked Scott Stapp. NO ONE. So basically, his fanbase AS OF NOW comes entirely from Creed fans, and it isn't like they don't have anywhere else to turn. Scott is really dropping the ball here and I'm not sure why no one around him is giving him a kick in the pants, saying "get your act together".

I'm not saying this as a Stapp basher. If I wanted to bash him I could do it much mroe thoroughly. I'm saying, for his OWN GOOD, he needs to get some stuff out SOON.

And ctfan, the reason the info is getting ripped is because--as far as I can see--everytime new Stapp info gets posted, its always ANOTHER FRIGGIN DELAY. Now, I am no Stapp fan so when I see this I kidna just chuckle and move on. I can't wait to hear what he has in mind for his solo album, but its more from a curiosity point of view than a "I think this is gonna rock" point of view. But if you LIKE Stapp, wouldn't you be getting friggin ANNOYED?

Am I wrong here? I mean, when even titan9 admits he is getting annoyed, Stapp has to be doing something VERY dumb. As others has said, you CAN get a record out a lot faster than this. It isn't like they are moving as fast as they can.