View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: But I Thought The Earth Was 6,000 Years Old

So just kind of as an "in conclusion" here, what I'm trying to get at and hopefully drive home to you here is that there's a lot more to God's Word and a lot more to the creation story than I'm sure you probably ever heard or were ever lead to believe. There's a good bit more we could have examined even or talked about in terms of why God destroyed that first earth age, what part even maybe that you and I played in it, though I don't know for sure, but I do believe we were all there. Now don't confuse that with reincarnation or past lives, because there is no reincarnation, and you and I have always been who we are now. We were never anyone different, though we were in different bodies, but it's still our body. It's just the difference between the flesh body and the spiritual body. I don't claim to be an expert or have all the answers, this just happened to be an area that I feel like I've got down pretty well. There is a terrific teacher by the name of Arnold Murray, and I would invite anyone who's curious to check him out at http://www.shepherdschapel.com/index.cfm. There are also a lot of wonderful and knowledgeable students who study with him online at a couple of places I visit who can probably tell you more than me, some of them anyway.

The main thing though is that science and God's Word, when both are taught and practiced correctly, do not disagree and do not oppose. You can look at the things in this world and common sense should tell you the earth is not 6,000 years old, that it is far older than that. So examine the truth of God's Word for yourself, and rightly divide and study it for yourself. Work it out, reason with it, and ask Him for help with it, and if you're sincere in wanting to know the truth of it, He'll give it to you. But learn it for yourself, and check out everything someone tells you about it if it sounds fishy, check it out in the Word so that you're not deceived, and so you can be informed, and be found acceptable even to God.

Jason