View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I actually had a professor who said that when Australian outlawed guns, there was no decrease in the nation's murder rate. In fact, people simply used things like baseball bats and knives more frequently. I don't know how factual this statement was... but I tend to believe it. In the United States... gangmembers and mobsters don't even use the type of firearms that one could by at their local gunshop. More times than not, they obtain their weapons through illegal means. It's gotten to the point where local police forces don't have strong enough weapons to use when combating organized criminals. I think that if you take away a person's right to bear arms, you're going to see a lot more terror in the streets of L.A., New York, or any other major city. People can kill each other with their own bare hands... when they have a will, they find a way to do it...

Exactly, Chase. I have the same opinion, but there are people that says that owtlawing guns we can avoid some accidents like children who unintentionally kills his brother or friend. Or maybe some group of rooters killing others (hooligans) in a fight after a game...Well, in my opinion these are examples of accidents that can happen in some way, not matter how... and its not the same of stopping violence.

And theres other problem that I can see, owtlawing guns will provoke the factorys closing, what means more people unemployed, and its clearly a social problem that contributes to the increase of violence.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too