View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #35
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) I realize that this was not addressed to me but if I may...

The Christian only assumes (read - presupposes) 2 things, that God exists, and that the Bible is His word. The rest are contained in His word.

fair enough that most or which is contained in the bible so the list shrinks to 3 off the op of my head but I am cetrtain there is more so here are the 3 as I see it

1. God Exists
2. We are the focus of his creation (yes I do realize that one could infer this from the bible out but based on the universe I still see this as an assumption)
3. The bible is 100% true and accurate

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) The atheist assumes MANY things.
1. Matter from non-matter
2. Sentient matter from non-sentient matter
3. Intelligent matter from non-intelligent matter
3. Moral matter from non-moral matter
4. Universal, abstract, invariant laws exist (from randomness)
5. Nature is uniform (in a 'random' universe)
6. Human reasoning is valid on its own.
1. nope who is to say that matter wasn't ust always here (per the solid state universe theory
2. The is abiogenesis and this is the one assuption
3. evolution is an obervable science so it is not an assumption
3 (agian). Please clairify what you mean by this
4. no gonna justify that with a response because we have already talked about that
5. its not it seems to take on uniformity because you only get a glymps of it in your short life span but it is chaos
6. it sure is any you have failed to demonstrait other wise as I have pointed out to you the flaws in your logical proccess and you continue to ignor and if you got you logic from the bible I guess god didn't spell it out well enough in the bible