View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #30
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Who wrote the lyrics for the songs of Creed?

Titan... Yes, Scott was brought up in a strict christian home that would make the Creed lyrics fit his world perfect, I must agree (being a lyricist myself I know this). But I can also look at a movie and just feel how that movie could be a great song and how to the song would be built up, Mark could have written lyrics ABOUT Stapp, lyrics that was formed by Stapps life.
One reson as far as I see it, why you can't compare ODR lyrics to MOP lyrics is becous they're written with 10 years difference. Take Don't Stop Dancing witch Mark reportedly have said he regreat ever written becouse of the way that Stapp sings it:

"At times life is wicked and I just can’t
see the light
A silver lining sometimes isn’t enough
To make some wrongs seem right
Whatever life brings
I’ve been through everything
And now I’m on my knees again

But I know I must go on
Although I hurt I must be strong
Because inside I know that many
feel this way

Children don’t stop dancing
Believe you can fly
Away…away

At times life’s unfair and you know
it’s plain to see
Hey God I know I’m just a dot in
this world
Have you forgot about me?
Whatever life brings
I’ve been through everything
And now I’m on my knees again

But I know I must go on
feel this way

Am I hiding in the shadows?
Forget the pain and forget the sorrows

But I know I must go on
feel this way

Children don’t stop dancing
Believe you can fly
Away…away

Am I hiding in the shadows?
Are we hiding in the shadows?"

This is so unlike the anything we've seen on MOP, and IF Stapp wrote this then he's changed his style of doing the lyrics. Witch Mark should have too if he wrote the lyrics.

You say that Torn sticks out like a "sore thumb" on MOP, well, I don't know about you but when I get this inspiration lighting strike I tend to not write like I use to write, it tend to be more direct and not hidden behind over thought lines and stuff, perhaps Mark has the same writing style. Just look at ILM, that sticks out kind of alot from the rest of the songs doesn't it?

You compare Faceless Man to Open Your Eyes, that's just lame. OYE isn't Marks best tune at all, it's too popish... Come on! There is (as far as I know) one other spiritual song on that record, namely Down To My Last. And that for me is compareble to Down To My Last.