View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #31
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Is Hugo Chavez Crazy?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Danielabiag) Hello, I apologize for my eventual mistakes. I'm from Argentine and I'd like to make some comments, cause I disagree with this arguments (you US people have the information all distorted by your media).
Itīs true nowadays Venezuela is poor, compared with more developed countries, but you should know itīs not Chavez government consequence.
During 1989-1998 period, the prices grown more than 50%, while during first Chavez period it only did the half of this. Chavez achieved to contain the inflation. The public expenditure in health highly exceeds now what it used to be in previous governments. He also increased the money dedicated to education, wich allowed more than 1,5 million children -and same number of adults- to be taken out of illiteracy. He also increaded the number of peolple who now can enjoy -for the first time- access to drinkable water.
This are only some of a lot of things Chavez did for Venezuela.
Regarding to Cuba, US BLOCKED country (and thatīs the main reason why this island is so poor), today it has health an life quality systems BETTER to a lot of developed countries, wich have more developed technology and resourses. Just to give an example, the VIH treatment is TOTALLY FREE.

Arenīt you forgetting the human rights violations that take place everyday in many countries, by the hand of US troops? After 11-S, US have violated the most fundamental international laws in its treatment to detainees just because of "security" matters. THOUSANDS of civilians have been killed and hundreds have been detained with no other reason but their appeareance, and are being held in Guantanamo, Bagram, Kandahar and dozens of hiden jails around the world, with no legal procedures.

You people are so brain-washed... Be sure other countries are against (not "hate") US government because of its violence and no-matter-what-power-thirst. And be shure the aid to the "third world" DOES NOT COME FROM YOUR TAXES, but it DOES COME from the resources YOUR government take by force -letīs call it wars or "democratic transition", as they like to name it- from these countries. Make a little journey through your country history and get informed my friend.
To be patriotic is not to stand behind your great land no matter what, IT IS to stand for your principles and fight against tyranny, disguised of false demochracy.

Are you joking?? Donīt forget II World War is sadly famous not only because of humanity suffering, but because it benefited two superpowers: URSS and United States. Thatīs the only reason US got involved. US Defense incorporated nazi experts, who worked in weapons of mass destruction proyects. US didnīt "stop nazis", it contributed to stop Germanyīs development in weapons of mass destruction and to take its experts out of the country to use them for its pourposes. Since then, this nazis have been working in defense operations in Fort Bragg, in NASA, in the military-industrial sector and in CIA...

Hey first welcome here! Second, its too cool to see someone else from South America ...actually Im from Brazil !!!

And about ur posts I can see lotsssss of very good points about US foreign policy!!! Congratulations for your post (except the Hugo Chavez part which Ill coment my reasons to disagree later )...its at least very interesting to see that non americans members here have the same interpretation about US foreign policy while the americans have the oposite...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too