View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #36
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) From what I've been reading, Alter Bridge only had a one record deal with Wind-Up. Though I can't remember where I read it. Actually, I've read that Wind-Up has already dropped them. Of course that could just be a nasty rumor. What do you think.

Don't believe me then go to the RIAA website. That's that company that is now taking illegal downloaders to COURT. Alter Bridge may have been presented with a gold record, but technically they haven't sold enough records to go Gold. The problem with people who download illegally for FREE is that the band doesn't get credit for selling the record. I mention the name Alter Bridge and people way WHO?????? But its nice to know that everyone in Europe and Sweden know who they are.

I've read the same thing about Wind-Up dropping AB. Posted about it too, and never got an answer, so maybe it's not a rumor after all. I agree, I think it's a pretty crappy thing to download entire cd's illegally. Not only do bands not get credit, they don't get paid either.