View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:36 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You know, you've brought up a good point there. He'll always have the die hard fans and the fans that really respect him as a vocalist and lyricist. The question is: how many of those fans are out there? If he's got a lot of those fans, Wind-Up has nothing to worry about. But if he doesn't....well, Stapp's gonna have to come out with something really good. Not just good by a Creed fan's standards, not just good by a Stapp fan's standards, but something really good by a critic's standards. Alter Bridge came out with a CD that won over some people who hated Creed. They came out with a CD that won over people who didn't care for Creed. Can Stapp do the same thing? I think he can, but it really depends on how creative he is with his solo CD(s). He can't just copy off of the Creed sound; he can't copy off another artist. He needs to find his own sound and be creative, vocally, musically and lyrically. Will there be those annoying 14-year-old teeny boppers who enjoy Stapp? Of course. A lot of artists that are successful commercially have those teeny boppers. Doesn't make them any less talented, unless they really aren't talented in the first place. It should be interesting to see what happens. I still think Stapp will sell more copies of his first solo CD than Alter Bridge did with their debut. That doesn't necessarily make him more successful or better, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!