View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I will pray for you and your family. I know how hard it was for me this past summer when I lost my grandpa to cancer. He was diagnosed in May after playing 18 holes of golf, and then died in July. I took it REAL hard. I live in Va and he lived in PA I made SEVERAL trips to see him and take care of him, it broke my heart, we were so close He was a WW2 Vet and I attended all his award ceremonies and called him once a week once I moved away. As his grandaughter it was hard for me to take care of him in some ways, like bathing him etc... but the nurse in me took over and I stayed by his bedside 24 hours to do anything I could for him, he died when I was in Alaska this summer, that was the hardest for me, I was not with him when he died.

TremontiWanaB- it is refreshing to see a young person so concerned over his elders, it is rare to see that in today's world, and my advice to you is , spend time with him and tell him you love him and care for him!!!! You seem like such a nice guy, keep it up and my thoughts are with your grandpa

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"