View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 01:20 AM   #11
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Indeed, that is COMPLETELY true. We are REDEEMED and will always be, but that has nothing to do with losing Sanctifying Grace.

Dario, you seem amazed that I believe commiting adultery would lose Salvation for you. Why? If we don't need to keep the Commandments, or worry about sinning, then what do you mean?

And also, I am NOT saying that one should just fall into temptation left and right. I'm saying that by YOUR LOGIC, we shouldn't care. You say God doesn't want us to fall into temptation... Umm, well, he msut not care THAT much if He doesn't even DO anything about it! And by the way, the verse you quoted also ends with "for we are His handiwork, created by God for the GOOD WORKS Jesus has prepared in advance" (not an exact quotation). I can easily say that this passage is entirely correct. We ARE saved by grace throguh Faith, and we cannot EARN our salvation.

But why don't YOU explain to me how works cannot be necessary, when "Faith without works is dead"?

Also, if we can come to no agreement, who is to be the final authority? The Bible? Because the Bible supposedly is your final authority, an yet thousands of different protestants believe thousands of different things. So when I ask you how you know YOUR interpretation is correct, you really have no way of knowing.