View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 01:25 AM   #25
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I definitely agree that some people are clearly taking sides ... and ... I know I am one of the offenders.

Truthfully, I like them all ... together as Creed! Nothing would make me happier than to see this whole thing get worked out. It just breaks my heart to think that this might really be happening.

However, Stapp is absolutely the one who drew me in. Without him, I would still be a fan of the music but I would not feel the same passion as I do now. He just has such an incredible stage presence and charisma that I just can't ignore. I realize that he has made some pretty big mistakes and that he could possibly be the major contributor to some of these riffs. Still, I know that if they go their separate ways, while I will try my best to support all of them, for me it will be all about Scott.

It also seems like since this has happened, a lot more people are jumping on the "Mark bandwagon" then the "Scott bandwagon." I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I tend to stick by the underdog. And in this case, it seems like that person is Scott. I feel like he can use all the support he can get. Now granted ... he very well may have brought this on himself. I'm really not intentionally taking sides, but I have to admit that I find it difficult not to. I just don't like some of the things that people are saying about Scott. It's almost as though people are abandoning him. Please don't think I am lumping everyone in this category ... I know that there are still very many supporters of his on this board.

I do have to admit though, that Mark IS clearly more stable. Scott seems to be a pretty emotional person and doesn't handle tough situations very well. But for me, that just adds to the human side of him ... beyond the musician. It makes him seem more real ... again, just drawing me in deeper. It's like you really feel like you know him. I don't feel that connection with Mark or Flip. Don't get me wrong ... I think they are both great musicians and HUGE assets to Creed as a group. It's just that to me, they are guys in a band ... great guys ... and very talented guys ... but still, just guys. They don't really let you into their personal life. I'm not saying that's a bad thing ... I'm just saying that's why I don't feel the same connection. I do believe that they are vital to Creed (for obvious reasons) and even to Scott for that matter. It seems as though they keep him in check.

Again ... I just hope that it won't come down to anyone having to take sides because they will work this out and remain "Creed" as we know them!