View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 10:32 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Shot Down Again.

OK, a few of you have asked if I've asked that girl out yet, so I thought I'd let you know the story.

Today, as I was headed home, I passed by where she works, and saw her car there. I slowly pulled into the parking lot trying to figure out if I had the guts to go in. I sat in my truck for a good 20+ minutes saying "OK. I'm going in now... No I'm not... I'm ready now... Ah f***, I can't do this... Yes I can! Yes I can! No I can't..." Well, long story short, after getting out and standing by my truck for five minutes and sitting back down in it again, I finally went in. My heart was pounding fast and hard, and after some people left, I asked if I could see her for a minute.

I did see her, and quickly asked if she'd like to go out Friday night. She smiled politely, and said she was sorry, but already had a boyfriend. While on the outside I smiled politely and and said "OK, thanks anyway." on the inside I was screaming "DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! NOT AGAIN! SON OF A !!! F***! NOT AGAIN!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE KILL ME!"

Pulled out of the parking lot, and sadly drove home. I should have just gave up earlier when I thought I should. Why do all pretty girls my age have a boyfriend already!

At least she didn't start laughing uncontrollably and finally be able to crack out: "You're joking, right?" Which FYI, has happened to me.

I should just convert to Catholicisim, become a monk, and take a vow of celebesy.

Why does this always happen to me? I'm going to be single forever.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"