View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 PM   #171
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Ok, so some of us just can't simply be Stapp fans, we are "Stapp worshippers"....but "AB fans" are just that, right? "Fans" as you say.

And we all have to remember to just enjoy all the music, and not incessantly make fun of one or the other.

Ummm, ok. Sure.

Excuse my vocabulary. I have noticed that compositions, essays, and even normal message board posts are far more readable and far more... "distinguished" for lack of a better word when one does not repeat the same words over and over until the end of time. I was trying to draw a parallel, not trying to say that AB fans are just fans and Stapp only has worshippers. I was simply trying to avoid mindless repetition.

I was trying to compare the two extremes. Call 'em die-hards, worshippers, whatever, I don't care.

Although as a simple note, I would say that in a ratio of fans to worshippers, Stapp has a MUCH higher base of "die-hards", "worshippers" or whatever you want to call them. It seems so because all of the people who would just be normal "fans" (all these ambiguous words are killing me) are getting fed up, that those fans left seem to usually be die-hard Scott lovers. Nothing wrong with that, but AB definitely has less "fanatic" fans, althoug that is a contradiction, seeing as where the word "fan" comes from...

Yeah, I'm tired, spent, in a bad mood, pay me no mind. I don't even know what I was just trying to say.

But anyway, I was talking about both extremists, the words are interchangable. Worshippers, Die-hards, fanatics, call them what you want, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression.