View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 04:14 AM   #24
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) You have a good point, although babies are different, they are in the safe care of their parents. (Most babies are anyway). Like Mulletman said, they are still developing. To be honest with you, I think being old and crippled, having a mental disease, or anything that does not give you the capibility to live a normal life, is human cruelty. (Obviously with old people it's abit different if they are willing to carry on living, but any other case where nothing can be changed, I consider as cruelty). I have a very strong opinion on that. Do you remember when I told you that I was scared of getting old, it's because I'm horrified of being 80 years old, lying in bed hardly being able to move my body. What kind of life is that? I hate the thought of what will happen. To be perfectly honest, I would rather die before I hit that stage.

so those who have down-syndrome for instance face cruelty in life? i disagree with that, many people with disablities live very happy lives and are very optimistic people even if they need help with many basic things. i don't like the thought of getting dementia for instance but i think a society should be helping the less fortunate, not getting rid of them. we can agree to disagree.....

Quote: (Originally Posted by - hayley -) Anyhow back to the topic, to me like I said before keeping Terri alive in that condition was absolutley cruel, they said that she wanted to live, but I can just not see how that can be possible. Not being able to do anything it just makes me sick. It's not fair to ANYONE with similar conditions to live in that way, they must want to die. As for old people, well I mean most of them want to stay alive but I just don't know how they can want to, I guess that's a whole different topic though.
how can you assume to know what ANYONE would want? if there is any doubt shouldn't we err on the side of caution? the way she died (starvation) to me is cruel. anyway i don't want a start an argument over this but a lively debate i can handle!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie