View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 08:29 AM   #19
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Sure, he's not a fantastic guitarist technically, but I get tired of perfect technique. He uses riffs and such very well to convey the message of his songs. I hear some solos that these perfect guitarists play and it has no feeling and does nothing to enhance the song. You can take a solo that Bruce plays and watch him play it and you will feel that song without even knowing the lyrics. I'll take that emotion and passion over perfection/technique anyday. I've heard many good guitarists defend capos by the way. Some people get snobby in their musical abilities or leanings and go against it, but it seems many who know what they are talking about don't really mind them.

Cheesy lines about the U.S.? Let me guess, you think Born In The U.S.A. is a flag-waving jingoistic song don't you? People should really listen to the lyrics.

Bruce's writing isn't that linear, and I see where you are coming from. Still doesn't take away the fact that he's one of the best. Seriously, go read his lyrics from anytime you want, but especially the '70s. Don't just rely on Born In The USA when you are getting the meaning wrong anyway.

Sorry but I know of his earlier stuff and its all the same. And you guys speak about Passion and Emotion. That isn't that hard to write into your songs and to sing it. For Springsteen he's not that emotional when he even delivers his music. Plus on that comment do you think people like that should out due those who practice and practice and refine there song writing capabilities everyday and hope to make it to the big. Personally I respect the guy for how long he's been around but he needs to give up and give younger and better artists a chance.-